Friday, March 4, 2011

Favorite Photo(s) Friday: Baby Lilian

July 2007
Look at this girl. My Lilian, only 1 month old. The sweetest face accompanied by hair that stood straight up on end...no matter how hard I tried to get it to lay flat on her little head. Our little caboose, coming 6 years after we thought we were done having children. How wrong we were. How could we have ever thought our family was complete without Lilian Mae? She's 3 and 1/2 years old now. A stubborn, delightful, independent little fireball. My constant companion in all my doings from housework and errands to voice lessons and lunches with friends. She tries my patience while simultaneously wrapping herself ever more tightly around my little finger as each day goes by. And as much as I savor those few hours daily while she is gone to preschool or playgroup, I remind myself not to wish these toddler years away. They go so fast as it is...and all too soon she will be living those "when I am bigger, Mom, I'm going to....." experiences that she's already looking forward to. And I'll wonder where my little baby went.

3 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

Ah, What a little sweetie! She truly is a gem and I'm so glad that you weren't done yet. Her smile just lights up the room when she walks into it.

Mindy said...

Oh I love these pictures, she was so tiny. It make's me baby hungry :D

Croft Family said...

Such a cuke picture. Love that sweet little girl