Friday, March 25, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday: Spring Tulips


Spring 2005. I am always stunned by the beauty of Temple Square each spring. I have no doubt that those Temple Square gardeners are some seriously hard working, talented folk.... all the same, I firmly believe those tulips also have some Divine growing help. I mean, MY spring flowers don't look that impressive! (Admittedly, that may also have something to do with the fact that I'm nowhere close to as hard working and talented as those aforementioned Temple Square gardeners. Sigh.)

We're looking forward to our annual tulip admiring trip in a few weeks. Especially since it's actively snowing as I type this....
_____________________

Ummm...side note.
Lilian just looked at the top picture and gasped.

"Mom!" she exclaimed. "Why are are Rebekah and Julianne standing there? And Brandon? Why is that lady holding him??"
"What lady?" I asked.
"THAT one!" she said as she pointed to me.
"Uh...Lilian? That's me. That's Mommy."

Pause. A strange look on her face as she eyes the picture a little closer....

Do I really look that different? It's been 6 years but I don't think I've changed THAT much. Maybe it's the sunglasses? Or the hair....it's a little darker now. Hmm.

10 comments:

Croft Family said...

Oh how I love spring. This snow has got to go.

Mary said...

I thought that you didn't really look like yourself in that picture either. I had to blow it up and then I thought, "Oh, now it looks like Sarah."

It's snowing here as well. I'm not pleased considering once the boys get home from school today we will be on SPRING BREAK. Oh the joys of mother nature.

Mindy said...

Yep not diggin the snow! I can't wait for this to end and we can see some of the beauty that awaits us.
I'm with Mary, it doesn't look that much like you.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa@thebblog said...

(whose posting comments that you have to delete? i'm curious) I too am so looking forward to big time flowers - especially because of the snowy day today.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh, the comments were by Mindy. She had some technical difficulties and accidentally posted the same comment numerous times. :)