Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We Eat Meat

Went grocery shopping yesterday. We were out of just about everything. One thing I didn't have to put on my list? Meat. More specifically, ground beef, steak, roast...anything that comes from a cow. Why? Because our freezer now looks like this:That, my friends, is half a buffalo. Steaks, roasts, patties, ground...buffalo. Bryan assures me that it tastes just like beef. Just healthier, more lean. I'm going to throw a roast in the crockpot today and see how it turns out. Hopefully we all like it...because we are swimming in buffalo meat for the foreseeable future!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Buffalo meat?? Where did you, and why did you, get buffalo meat? I've never tried it, but I hope it's delicious, because you definitely have a lot of it.

Mary said...

Buffalo? Better than deer meat I hope? Good luck. Let us know how the roast turns out.

Melissa@thebblog said...

let me know what you think! I've had elk meat and it was kind of gamey. Haven't had buffalo! very exotic.

Kim Anderson said...

I love Buffalo meat. Yum. But I have only had the ground up stuff.

Shauna said...

I've had a buffalo burger and it was good. I have thought about doing that with a buffalo or a cow, I have heard it is better meat and cheaper.