Monday, April 5, 2010

Comfort Food

Cucumber, lemon yogurt, fresh mint.








Rosemary bread with roasted garlic butter spread.








Shaved raw asparagus, lemon zest and juice, lemon olive oil, parmesan, fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.







Baby arugula, goat cheese, sauteed shallot, blueberries soaked in black currant vinegar, grapefruit oil.






Bryan went all gourmet on Saturday...though he would claim it's just comfort food. When I want comfort food, I make Greek Chicken or Spaghetti. He makes gourmet salads, apparently. And although the kids were wary, his tastebuds were delighted and after he was finished, announced that he would return if this were a restaurant.

4 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

fancy!! You and i are on the same wavelengths when it comes to comfort foods and our husbands are on the same wavelength too! They look fabulous.

Kim Anderson said...

I think my last comment disappeared into cyber space. You DO make wonderful Greek chicken and spaghetti. I remember them well from our days at Snow and smiled when I read it. I love you, and your sweet giving heart.

Mindy said...

Oh that all looks so yummy!

Mindy said...

Oh that all looks so yummy!