Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It took us an hour and a half to put this doll table together! If I had known, maybe we would've have got to work on it earlier. I think we finally got to bed around 1:00 AM.

This is the finished product. Lilian was quite pleased...despite the look on her face. (She was frustrated with the hair in her face. I went running for a barrette shortly after taking this pic.)


Brandon recieved an air soft gun for Christmas. And I had that quote from "A Christmas Story" running through my head...you know, when Ralphie gets the Red Rider BB gun for Christmas and he gets told, "You'll shoot your eye out!"


Pretty Julianne checking out one of her new CD's.

Rebekah, looking every inch like your average teenager, was especially thrilled with all the earrings and necklaces she got. Lucky me, she says she'll share.

Traditional Christmas morning breakfast at our house is crepes....along with fruit, whipcream, eggs, sausage, etc. as filling. Yum...


Me: "Brandon, aren't you cold??"
Brandon: "Mom! Boys never get cold without their shirts on....unless they are in Antarctica."

Or, apparently, if they have Daddy's who like to put their cold hands on that bare chest.

Later in the afternoon my parents, along with Mary and Ryan and their kids who were in town from Idaho, came for Christmas dinner. Bryan and I made a turkey that would've made Alton Brown proud and we all ate much more english toffee than was probably good for us. But my favorite part of the evening was probably singing with Mary at the piano while my Dad played song after song. I miss my Mary. I wish she still lived close by.

4 comments:

Croft Family said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I sure would have like to be at the Dalton Christmas concert. I'm sure it sounded beautiful!

Jill said...

Looks like a great Christmas!

Melissa@thebblog said...

I would have liked to have been in on that singing. Too bad there wasn't a piano in St. George so we could have done some of that singing too. Kids and hubbys make that a rare occurance now.

Anonymous said...

What a great christmas you had! :)