Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Pirates of Penzance

Most of you probably know that I am in rehearsals for a production of "The Pirates of Penzance" this summer. I play the part of Mabel which is the romantic lead. It's been tiring, certainly. My summer is a lot busier than I thought it would be...even knowing in advance of the rehearsal schedule. But it has been so rewarding, so much fun, so many new friends made. I'm very thankful for the opportunity and experience. We had a photo shoot yesterday morning.... here's a few shots.






 Mabel and Frederic

The leads

The police sergeant and his timid and silly police force.


The pirate king with his hilarious pirate band.


The whole cast

Major General Stanley and his proper English daughters.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

This looks like its going to be fun. I am so sad I have something going on Thursday and we are out of town again on the Saturday. I'm so sorry we can't make it, If I can swing it we will come Thursday.

Katie said...

It looks like so much fun! I loved the days of the high school musicals. Let me know when you are performing. Maybe I can come see it. I would love to!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love pirates of penzance...you look so beautiful and looks like its going to be really fun, what a cute cast. I will for sure have to go see it. :)