Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reminiscing

Last Sunday we had the opportunity to attend church in our old ward. Kevin and Kari bought our old house and therefore, are members of that ward. Last week they blessed our sweet nephew, Cameron, hence our reason for being there. It was a wonderful experience to be back and I found myself close to tears through all the meetings. Not necessarily because I miss everyone, although, I do. I know that where we are now is the place we are supposed to be. It feels right and good. But the people we associated with in that old ward and neighborhood for those 8 years are some of the very best people I've ever met. And frankly, it was just nice to see them again and feel of their spirits, you know? So I've been thinking a lot this week about the houses and neighborhoods we've lived in during these last 13 or so years that we have been raising our family. We have been amazingly lucky! The associations, friends, relationships that we have made in all three of our homes have enriched our lives so much. And we lucked out again with this most recent move. I look around the ward and neighborhood that we live in right now and think about the fact that these are the people that will be a part of our lives through dating, missions, weddings. These are the people we will most likely grow old with. That thought makes me smile. And feel very content. Sept. 1995-Sept. 1999


Sept. 1999-Sept. 2007


Sept. 2007-present

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I feel the same way. I know we lived in our 1st home for a reason and have remained friends with some of my old neighbor's because they have enriched my life as well. And I know I have made awesome freinds in this neighborhood as well, and im so thankful for that. Love you!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you that sunday, I sure have missed you and your family. Your new home is gorgeous. Love ya Sarah!