Wednesday, July 15, 2009

16 Years!

Bryan and I have been married 16 years today! And honestly, it has been a wonderful 16 years! I couldn't have married a better man. He is an amazing husband and father and I am SO lucky...so blessed, really, to be the girl that gets to have him and hold him for this life and eternity. I love him...oh, how I love him!!

I loved my dress. It felt romantic and sweet to my 19 year old self. Bryan was with me when I tried it on. Apparently I didn't put too much stock in that whole superstition that the groom isn't supposed to see the bride in her dress till the actual wedding. I tried the dress on and marched right out to show him. As soon as I saw his mouth drop open and the look that came over his face I knew I had my dress! In hindsight I'm guessing it might not have been the particular dress but more the picture of ME IN a WEDDING DRESS that did it.


I had always dreamed of getting married in the Salt Lake Temple but it was closed for cleaning on our wedding day. We chose the Jordan River Temple instead. And I'm really glad we did. There were only two brides getting married that day. No rush, lots of attention from those sweet ladies helping me get ready in the brides room, no waiting for picture spots. And the uniqueness of being married somewhere other than the Salt Lake Temple where just about everyone else is married!! It makes the Jordan River Temple extra special for us.


My Uncle Ron took this candid picture as we were coming out of the temple after the marriage ceremony. I didn't even know he was taking the shot...but it has ended up being my very favorite picture of all the ones we got that day, candid or professional.



We had a REALLY long reception. We debated two different times for the reception... either 6:00-8:30 or 7:00-9:30. When we sent the announcement to the printers we accidentally combined the two and ended up from 6:00-9:30! But my parents will always say that it was a happy accident. The reception was in the Lion House garden and it was so cool and shady there that people came, sat and just stayed since the reception was so long. No one felt rushed or hurried.


We honneymooned in Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. I'd never been on a plane, I'd never been to Disneyland/World so it was quite an adventure for me on a whole bunch of different levels! We had such a wonderful time! Julianne looked at this picture yesterday and said, "Mom, you and Dad look happy but you sure wore weird clothes!" :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
The clothes I get...but, I'd forgotten that hair! You have great hair.
I wish I'd mixed starting times and ending times for my reception!...NO time to end means we didn't get out of there till nearly midnight.
I'm still so sad that I missed YOUR big day, but the pictures of the Musketeers from mine are some of my favorites. Yay for happy marriage! YAY for 16 years with your sweetheart! Here's to 16-thousand more!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you two!

Croft Family said...

Congrats!! I wonder if in 6 more years my kids will look at the pictures and think that we look weird. I love that Bryan is still wearing his "man's pack" (aka fanny pack)

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversay! Love the old photos. You two really haven't changed a bit. So cute!

Melissa@thebblog said...

What a great day!I still can't believe it has been 16 years. Bryan just fits in like he's always been there and wow - he almost has!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on 16 years!! You looked really young and in love! Really cute!

MamaBug said...

Congratulations! I love the pictures!