Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"I Love to See the Temple, I'll Go Inside Someday"

Bryan and I took the family to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house yesterday. Seeing as we didn't make it to the Draper Temple open house a few months ago, we were really excited..this being the first time the kids had ever gone inside a temple. The whole experience was wonderful! So different than I was expecting. And just beautiful. The kids had tons of questions and it was amazing the spirit I felt as I answered. Julianne was fascianted by the decor, details and symbolism. Rebekah wanted to know all about the sealing ceremony. At one point while we were there Brandon turned to me, wrapped his arms around my waist and said, "Thanks, Mom, for bringing me here!" All of it was a huge reminder to me what life is all about, what is really, truly important. And it made me want to redouble my goals and efforts in strengthening our family.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I loved Brandon's comment. What a great place to be able to take the kids and for them to feel the spirit. I wish that I could let my kids have an experience like that.

Mindy said...

When we took our kids to the open house in Idaho, the spirit was so strong I just cryed. And to have all my kids with me was incredible, I kept thinking of what it will be like when they are there getting sealed. I can't wait to go next weekend.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Actually I've been inside the draper temple with the young woman's. And I've done baptisms for the dead. But it was cool to go as a family.

-Rebekah

DD said...

Wow, what a great picture of the temple. I loved it. I'm glad you and the kids had such a great time there. The temple is pretty marvelous.
Mom

Katie said...

Glad you finally got to go. I'm glad that I got to take my kids although they are still young enough that I felt a little frazzled worrying about keeping them in my sight and keeping them from touching things they shouldn't. Good thing Mom and Dad were there to help.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Love it. What a great experience. I think It will be important later too that you documented the experience! Tell the kids to write in their journals about how they felt - that will be fun to read if they go back there some day to do baptisms or other temple work!