Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where did she learn that?

Lilian was in the bathroom with me as I was trying to get ready this morning. She had climbed onto the edge of the bathtub and from there to the sink where she had found the toothpaste. "Mommy, open it!" "No Lilian," I said, "you can't have the toothpaste." I took it out of her hand and put it back where it belonged. Lilian looked at me with a bit of a pout on her face. "Don't you love me?" she asked. And there you have it...at age 2, already employing tactics of manipulation. What are we in for when she gets older? (And no, actually, it didn't work. I stood firm.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's 2 yr olds for ya..my niece does the same thing. Lillian is a cutie though! ;)

Mindy said...

She's funny. Good job standing your ground!

Melissa@thebblog said...

I imagine she learned that from Julianne - yes, it sounds like something she would say. Everyone back to healthy again?