Friday, June 19, 2009

R.I.P. "Pushing Daisies"

Every now and again a TV show comes along that exceeds all expectations, that is so delightful, so creative, so fun that you eagerly anticipate watching another episode each week. "Pushing Daisies" was like that for me. I'm picky about my TV shows. I don't ever channel surf or watch something just because it's on. Because I Tivo everything to watch later after the kids are in bed, I'm usually pretty sure it's something worth my time.
I read early reviews about "Pushing Daisies". I was hesitant....sounded a little odd, but decided to try it out. Within 2 minutes of watching the first episode I had a grin from ear to ear. It was just magical! So quirky, creative, colorful, and witty. Absolutely wonderful! And I knew that day that "Pushing Daisies" would join "Gilmore Girls" and "The West Wing" as some of the best television ever made. Well, in my opinion, anyhow. But sadly, after only 1 and 1/2 seasons it has been canceled. And it makes me wonder, who is the clueless one here...the one that can't recognize a masterpiece when they see it? Is it the network executives that weren't willing to give it more faith and time? Or the dummed down public that just couldn't get it? Well, whatever/whoever was at fault... Rest In Peace "Pushing Daisies". I'm SO buying the seasons on DVD.

2 comments:

Croft Family said...

I DVR everything that I want to watch and then watch it later. But because I do this and I fast forward and just watch the show I miss things about new shows coming on. I never heard of pushing daisies.

April said...

I've never seen this show. It sounds really neat, though, so maybe I'll have to put it on our netflix! THanks for the review!