Friday, June 5, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday: Flower beds


This was the first day of school August 2006. And, funny enough, today is the last day of school 2009. But that's not why I chose this picture. Not even to show you my cute kids. (Honestly though, aren't they cute?) The reason I chose it was the flower bed. I had really good flower beds that year. I've been trying to recreate that look in my flower beds here in my new house and have been spending a lot of time outside that past few days planting flowers and spreading dark brown mulch. Isn't it amazing how nice and manicured flower beds look with mulch? Guess we'll see in a few months if my work this past week can bring blooms to rival those of my old house in 2006.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Isn't it funny...Before I even read your post, I was looking at the flowers and being jealous of how pretty and full they were. I guess we were thinking the same thing. Oh, and of course the girls are super cute too, but that's a given!

Mary said...

Oh, do take pictures of your flower beds to show me. I love that kind of stuff!

Croft Family said...

I live in the same house as you did in 2006 and I can't get my flower gardens looking that pretty. I guess I'm just cheap when it comes to buying flowers

Mindy said...

Oh look how young the girls look.