Saturday, June 27, 2009

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood..."

Our neighborhood has a big carnival every year. Early in the morning they have adult bike rides and a fun run. A little later is a kids parade. The carnival games and inflatables take up most of the afternoon. And then the evening tops off with a BBQ and a outdoor movie. It's chaotic craziness but tons of fun and a great yearly tradition. And as I sat with my next door neighbors at the movie...the 3 older kids all with their own little groups of friends...I felt a great sense of satisfaction. This place, these people...it feels like home. A place where we belong. It's a good feeling.



4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh fun. I wish that I felt that "at home" feeling but moving around so much, I really haven't felt that way in a long time. Even though I enjoy my home and neighbors, I know that we'll be packing up again soon so sort of feel detached. You've got something to cherish. I envy you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like alot of fun! Wish Centerville did that.

Croft Family said...

Sounds like a nice feeling. Looks like such a fun event. Wish our neighborhood did that

Mindy said...

I wish our neighborhood did that too. Looks fun.