Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Conflicted

I'm in two choirs. Millennium Choir with Lex de Azevedo has met on Wednesdays for the past 11 years. I joined the Sally Bytheway Chorale 4 or so year ago. They meet on Thursdays. And so, although at times a busy and slightly difficult juggling act, I've been able to sing with both groups. This past week I recieved notice that Lex was making some new and exciting changes to the Millennium Choir. Most of these changes thrill me...all, but one. The change of rehearsal night. He wants to meet on Thursdays. So now I have to choose. And I admit, I'm really struggling with it. You would think that one choir is more or less like another. I get to sing either way. But it's not that simple. And without going into details that would make this post way too long, I'll just say both of these choirs are amazingly unique and different in their own way. Enough that they both fill different needs in me. I've been going back and forth, my mind making pro and con lists for each all week. And I'm still no closer to making a decision than I was when I started. My heart hurts and I know that whichever way I decide there will be regrets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would Sally consider changing her night to Tuesday?

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

She's got 100 people that have been committed to Thursdays for the past 4-5 years. That's asking a lot. But that being said, she actually did try! She sent out an email earlier this week..a survey...to see who would be willing to switch to Wednesdays. Not surprisingly, the great majority want to stay on Thursday. (Sally is in Millennium too so this is hard for her also.)

Croft Family said...

I'm sorry that you have to decide. You are an amazing singer so who ever gets you is lucky!

Liz said...

I'm sorry that you have to choose! They both sound like wonderful choirs to be a part of. Good luck making a decision.

You make me want to find a choir here to join. I miss singing with a good group.

Mindy said...

That is so hard. I know you love both of them. Good luck