Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things That Have Made Me Happy Recently....

*Watching a new episode of "Pushing Daisies" this past Saturday. It's the most creative, quirky, fun show on TV and I honestly think the executives that canceled it have screws loose.
*Eating an Original Scholotsky's sandwich on sourdough. I thought all the Scholotsky's were long gone. Imagine my delight when I discovered the last one in the valley this past Friday. Oh, it was good!
*Singing "The Girl in 14G" at my voice recital on Friday. An awesome piece that lets me sing three different characters in one song!
*Working in the yard with Bryan. I get such satisfaction out of working on a project with my husband.
*"Star Trek".....the most fun I've had in a movie theater in a long time.
*Sitting out on the back deck wrapped in a fluffy blanket and reading a book while listening to the rain patter on the roof.
*Auditioning for and getting the lead part of Mabel in a local summer production of "The Pirates of Penzance".

9 comments:

Mary said...

Sarah--You got the part of Mabel? How exciting! That should be super fun for you. Wish we were around to watch you perform!

Mindy said...

Congradulations on your part, that is going to be fun. Let me know when the play is and we will plan on coming.

Croft Family said...

We will be there to watch you perform! Congrats!

Katie said...

Yea! Are you excited for the play? That will take a lot of work but it will be so much fun! Do you still have to learn two parts?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Mabel!!! Eek! Definitely post some production info so we can attend!
And how did the recital go!? After hearing the song on our girls' night, (and watching Pushing Daisies myself, with Kristin and thinking of your song on Saturday) I can't believe that you are going so far with your voice now! I love it! Spill the beans on the performance...or post some snippets if any exist.

Jill said...

Congrats on the lead! You'll have to let me know when it is...it would be fun to come see you!

Melissa@thebblog said...

Where do you find Schlotky's? - oh that is such bad spelling . . . there used to be one at the ZCMI mall . . .

Rachel said...

congrats Sarah! I wish I could be there to come and watch you!!!

Sara said...

I love The Pirates of Penzance! As a little girl I would imagine I was Mabel as I sung around the house. It's my dad's most favorite show, so I watched it a lot. Let us know when you perform!

I didn't see Star Trek with Steven since the last ones weren't super - plus I was out of town. Steven said it was awesome, so I guess he won't mind watching it again when it's out on video.