Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

What's wrong with the above picture? If you look closely you'll see....

Two different shoes! Similar, yes. But definitely NOT a matching pair. Julianne woke up late this morning and missed the bus. She was a bit panicked because her class was taking end-of-year tests first thing and she adamantly informed me that she COULD NOT be late! After dropping her off and arriving back at home I found two shoes in the truck. One brown, one blue. Funny, I thought...I could've sworn I'd seen both pairs in front of the door earlier this morning. How had they got in the truck? One was a left, one was a right. And then I laughed as I realized that Julianne must have been trying to decide which shoe to wear as we rushed off to school. Brought both pairs with her and then forgot that she hadn't officially decided and was wearing one of each. I thought she'd call and ask me to bring the correct shoe to her. She didn't. She actually didn't even notice until someone in her class pointed it out to her and then she laughed and laughed. I've worn mismatching earrings before but never shoes!

4 comments:

Mary said...

He He He. I don't seem to have that problem since I only own like 3 pairs of shoes. A yard work pair, a church shoe pair and some flip flops. Thanks to Mom I have some new sandals. Maybe throwing a new pair in the mix will mess me up and I'll do the same thing :-)

Mindy said...

Ha Ha, that is too funny.

Anonymous said...

thats funny...I have done that before! I just laughed it off too! :)

Liz said...

That is so funny! Maybe she'll start a new trend at school of wearing mismatching shoes. I remember old fashions of wearing mismatched, or at least alternating colored socks when I was in elementary school... ;)