Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rebekah: The Oopma Loompa Extraordinare


For the past 3 months Rebekah has been in rehearsals for her Jr. High's production of "Willy Wonka." She has loved every minute of it and was so sad that last night was the final performance. She played the part of an Oompa Loompa...but also, because she is so little, they had her be a "candy kid." (See above picture). The candy kids were the ones buying candy during the song "The Candyman Can". Remember that song?

Who can make a sunrise,
Sprinkle it with dew,
Cover it in choclate
and a miracle or two?
The Candyman
The Candyman can.
The Candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.
Yep, that's the one. Ah, memories.
Anyhow, it was a cute little show. Pretty darn good for a Jr. High production. Personally, and maybe I'm biased, but I feel that the Oopma Loompa scenes were the best. :)
Rebekah is the 4th from the left on the top row with her hands out to her sides.



Weren't the Oopma Loompa costumes great?? I got asked to help sew. Umm. I don't sew. Sorry!


Rebekah and her friend Casey

5 comments:

Croft Family said...

I so wanted to go. I bet she did great. When I was in 5th grade we did that play and I was an oompa loompa. Oh the memories

Mindy said...

Oh I wish you would have told us when she was doing it, the kids would have loved it. I'm glad she had so much fun.

Keith and Sandy said...

Sooo dang cute...I loved the costumes...looks like she is going to follow in her mom's footprints. :) :)

Liz said...

What a fun play! She looks great, and I love the costumes too. Very cute!

Melissa@thebblog said...

They look great! I agree, those Ompa Loompa costomes look wonderful all up there together! I love that your girls enjoy being in musicals because I have such fantastic memories of those from my childhood!