Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Brandon

When Brandon was just a little guy I often found myself calling him "my boy." I'd never had a brother. He was my first son after two daughters. He really was "my boy." One day I made the mistake of calling him "my son." He looked at me with part confusion, part annoyance. "Mom," he said, "I am Dad's son. I'm your BOY!" Ooops.
"My boy" turned 8 years old yesterday. And being an 8 year old Brandon means that you love:

*Talking...especially in class when you're really not supposed to be.
*Playing PSP...best present ever!
*Dancing to High School Musical 3 soundtrack...the kid has some serious moves.
*Climbing to the top of the 20 foot tall pole in the backyard...and giving Mom a heart attack.
*Watching "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody".
*Reading Harry Potter with Mom...and trying to convince Mom to read another chapter even though it is past 10:00 and Mom can hardly see straight.
*Wrestling with Dad.
*Spending every minute possible playing with friends.
*Eating zuchini.
*Wearing a GL t-shirt as often as Mom will allow so he can look like Dad.

I LOVE my boy. Happy Birthday Brandon!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday to Brandon. Josh wants to call and tell Brandon all there is to know about Cub Scouts!

Croft Family said...

Happy Birthday Brandon. We are so excited to see you get baptized tomorrow. Hope you had a great birthday.

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Brandon. Hope you had a great day.

Jill said...

That's cute, Sarah! Happy Birthday to your Brandon!