Saturday, March 21, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday: Proposal


Sixteen years ago today Bryan and I got engaged. We dated for 6 months in high school. I cried buckets of tears when he left on his mission. I went to Snow College. We wrote lots of letters. Well...let me clarify that: I wrote lots of letters...about one a week while Bryan averaged about one every two months. A good letter writer he is not! He taught the good Spanish speakers of Philly the gospel. I studied, sang, and dated a lot. Bryan's last few letters started hinting marriage which made my heart pitter patter in love and joy. He dubbed home his next transfer and me his new companion. We dated. He continued to hint about marriage. I asked him to stop beating about the bush already and just ask me! Reassured, we went ring shopping. He asked me to marry him in front of a huge crowd of family and friends at his brother Steven's missionary farewell. I said yes! We kissed, we hugged, our mothers cried. We set the date for July 15th. It was a good day.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

That is a sweet story. Yes we need a picture.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my word! What babies you were!

DD said...

Thirty seven years ago to the day (Mar 20) before your day (Mar 21) I asked your mother to marry me. She said yes, too. Bryan and I did well.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh, thats such a cute story. I wish I would have wrote my missionary and I think things would have worked out...but I didnt. Still to this day I like him and he is still single.

Sara said...

Such sweet memories! Can you believe how young you looked then? My kids look at my early-marriage photos and ask if that's really me.

Camilla Millar said...

That is really cool that you have a picture of the day!!