Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Scraping frost with MP3s?

I remember well the days when with freezing hands (because if I wasn't prepared with a window scraper, what makes you think I would be prepared enough to have gloves) I would scrape my frost-covered car windows with a cassette tape cover. Something random in the glove box...Alphaville, Depeche Mode, OMD or something similar.

This morning I found myself scraping the frost from my windows with a CD case. Josh Groban in this instance. And this is not the first time a CD case has been my scraper of choice. (It works better than a credit card...trust me on this, I've tried it.) Being the more mature age of 40, you'd think I'd be wise enough to carry a scraper in my car. Apparently the age on my birth certificate does not necessarily equate to smarts....

But times are changing. In my car is pretty much the only place I listen to actual CDs anymore. MP3s are what we listen to now. In the not too distant future I will probably own a car with no CD player at all. Just a plug-in to listen to a playlist I've downloaded from my iTunes account. And how can I scrape the frost off my windows with that???

No comments: