Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chester the Elf

Yes, I admit it. We got sucked into the hype that is The Elf on the Shelf.
This is "Chester." 

But rather than really push the whole elf watching and reporting back to Santa as to whether you are good or bad throughout the day (which is, I suppose, more or less the point of the whole thing) I think we'll probably play that down and focus more on the fun Christmas game of it all. Where is Chester hiding and what silly thing has he been doing? Even Rebekah, Julianne and Brandon are jazzed about Chester, despite their advanced ages. I think it's going to be a fabulous way to get them excited about getting up on time in the morning... 

All the same, Lilian does have friends who completely and totally believe that their elves are completely and totally real. So obviously we'll need to tread carefully so Lilian doesn't ruin anything for other neighborhood families.  

(And yes, I will be shamelessly copying ideas from other friends who have posted elf pictures on-line....)

1 comment:

Julie DeMille said...

I thought about doing this, but, I'm lame. And lazy. And, I would've eaten his m&m's.