Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sweet Bryan

Last night. Lilian was asleep. The other kids watching TV downstairs. Bryan and I were working side by side on our respective computers in the den. Peaceful. Bryan cued up a playlist from the music he had on his computer. First song. "Oh! I really like this song!" I said. "Yeah," Bryan replied, "I know." Next song. "Hey..this is one of my favorites too!" Again, "yep, I remember." Song after song. All songs that I like. All the sudden I realized that this playlist Bryan has created...he's gone out of his way to make sure it's stuff I really like. Stuff we haven't listened to in years, some of it, but he's remembered what my favorites on each album are. Remembered my random comments of my likes and dislikes...even after all this time. He knows me well, that man. I was really touched by his sweetness. And something as silly as a music playlist had me smiling like a giddy teenager in love and fighting back tears like a sentimental sap.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Very Sweet.

Shauna said...

I bet your one of those girls who still gets the stomach gymnastics when he kisses you. Me to. I think very highly of teenage giddiness at my advanced age. :-)

Mindy said...

That is so sweet. What a great guy.

Melissa@thebblog said...

yup, he's a keeper. Remember all those cute little things and hang on to that one! I just read in my journal from jr. high school about him leaving on his mission. It was sweet how much we all liked him then, and still do.

Camilla Millar said...

Sweet.