Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Hosanna"

Last Saturday I was downtown at the "Hosanna" concert. And if you are scanning the choir trying to find my face, well..it's not there.

I'm sitting down here:
And even knowing whereabouts I was in the audience, it was still hard to pick myself out in this shot.
But I have been thinking of this concert numerous times daily all week.
I was conflicted, going to this concert. My sisters and friends were all singing. I was pretty heartbroken about not being able to sing with them. At the same time, I was rather excited about seeing/hearing from an audience perspective. This music...I've never had anything affect me quite as much. I cry every time I've performed it. But I wondered if that was because I was so involved, being in the production.
So I arrived. And I went back to visit with my sisters and friends. And my voice quavered and my emotions were high as I saw them all in their fancy concert attire. I wished them all luck and went to my seat. The concert started. And I realized that as wonderful and amazing as I always thought the music was in the past, as much of a spiritual high I always left with....it was totally different being in the audience. I thought that much of my expected emotion would be because I was feeling sorry for myself but once the music started I didn't even think of that. I lost myself totally and completely in that music...and sobbed. The production was THAT amazing..the Spirit was THAT strong. At one point I realized I had my arms wrapped tightly around myself, almost as if I was trying to hold myself together, I was shaking so hard with emotion.
I know that maybe you'll think I'm biased, but I think Lex de Azevedo is a musical genius. And I think he was inspired to write this music. And I feel immensely blessed to have had the opportunity to be a part of "Hosanna"...as a performer and an audience member.

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

that is exactly what I experienced last year - at the point where if no one was there you would be out and out sobbing with the tears and the snot and the loud gasping for breath - I'm glad you got that experience and that you weren't too disappointed about not being on the other side.