Friday, March 5, 2010

Favorite Photo(s) Friday: The Crack

We took a trip over Martin Luther King Day 2005 to St. George to visit some friends. They took us exploring in the red rocks above town where we climbed up through "the crack."
It was skinny enough that Rawlin with his broad shoulders/chest and Heather with her pregnant belly couldn't fit. In most places I literally scraped my way through sideways. We were about 1/4 of the way through when Bryan said, "Gee, wouldn't it be awful if there was an earthquake while we are in here?" Oh my. For one like me who counts claustrophobia as a pretty intense fear, and who was already sending up prayers to stay calm...it was not a happy thought! A few panicked words from me quieted that line of conversation pretty quickly!
But wow, right?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Sarah!

I'm happy that you found my blog! I actually read yours, too! It's so fun to see what everyone is up to by reading their blogs! Take care, Brenda

Mindy said...

I can't believe we have never done that in any of our many trips to St. George. One day maybe.

Camilla Millar said...

Super WOW!