Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sometimes new lamps make me giddy...

I'm in the process of re-thinking the color scheme of my bedroom and have decided that turquoise will be involved...as an accent color or something like that.
Wandering around Home Goods a few days ago, these turquoise glass lamps caught my eye.
Oh. My. Perfect.
But I left them there.
And then I couldn't get them out of my head.  Truly perfect.  Did I mention that?  But a bit on the pricey side.  And more of a want than a need.
Oh, but hey!  My birthday is coming up.  It's still a good five weeks away, but....
So I went back to Home Goods.  I bought two of those lamps...one for for each bedside table.  
And I justified it as an early birthday present.  
Happy Birthday to me!  

 
















The girls were so helpful to take such careful care of my lamps on the drive home...

More pictures after I get my bedroom all finished.  We're talking throw pillows, a couch cover and hey, maybe even curtains!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Isn't it funny how we can get giddy over different things. I got really giddy at the nursery picking out shrubs. Silly, but true. Glad that you LOVE your lamps. I know that I love something when I go out of my way to take several peeks throughout the day!

Jill said...

Pretty! I love Home Goods!

Julie DeMille said...

I think turquoise is a good choice. My bedroom walls are sort of a dark turquoise. Very nice choice!