Monday, June 6, 2011

Time for a swim?

Who needs passes to Cherry Hill when you have your very own pool in your back yard? Anyone want to come over for a swim?? It's 2-3 inches of glorious muddy water! Hey, some people pay a fortune to swim in mud at a spa! It's been so hot the past couple of days, I'm thinking I may throw on the bikini and take a dip later today....
Hahaha. Sarcasm aside...the joke is on us. This pit is not for a pool...it's for an out building, an overly large shed, a detached garage...whatever you want to call it. Personally, I like to call it Bryan's Man Cave seeing as when it's finally built it will house his power tools, his weight equipment and all his other manly toys. I'd always teased him about my desire for a pool in the backyard so when we woke up a week ago and found that the excessive rain (wettest Spring on record) had brought up the water table to the point that we had a few inches of water rippling gently at the bottom of the pit, I laughed heartily....albeit slightly incredulously. Bryan was definitely less amused. He and the concrete company had just been waiting for things to dry out enough from all the constant rain to pour the footings and foundation. Now we're not sure how long it will take for all the water to go down. In the meantime....looks like I have my pool after all. :)

No comments: