Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sweethearts 2015

It started with some movement outside our front window that I noticed as I walked past the front door. It was dark and somewhat late. Seeing as we're pretty experienced with teenaged kids and all that goes on with elaborate dance asks, I decided rather than immediately open the door, to sneak to the bedroom window down the hall and peek out. Yes indeed, I could see balloons waving in the breeze and someone busily working on something out there. I walked into the kitchen and mentioned to Bryan and Brandon that it looked like Julianne was getting asked to Sweethearts. And then was horrified when Bryan got a gleeful look on his face and started determinedly walking towards the front door. "No!" I cried. "Don't go out there and interrupt! He's trying to be sneaky!" But Bryan thought this opportunity was too good to pass up.

He opened the door and saw someone out of the corner of his eye make a quick dash to the side of the driveway. He quietly walked down the walkway and came upon Jaden crouched down low behind a bush, head down, likely hoping that whoever had opened the door would quickly assess the situation and retreat back inside. The last thing he expected was for Bryan to yell, "Boo!" from right behind him. Poor Jaden was indeed quite surprised as he hadn't heard Bryan walking towards him, and jumped pretty high. I felt bad for the kid, and kicked myself for informing my husband as to the activities happening outside. Lesson learned! At least Jaden knew our family pretty well and had been to our house multiple times before (even catching me in my bright pink bathrobe on more than one occasion when he'd come home for lunch with Julianne). I would've likely been even more mortified if it was someone in which this was his first introduction to Julianne's family! I laughed even harder when I saw that the poster asking her to the dance literally said, "Don't give me a heart attack, say yes to Sweethearts" because Bryan nearly did give the poor boy a heart attack!

































For their day activity, they went paint-balling. They dressed up camo style for fun and Julianne came home beaming about the wonderful time they'd had.

































Sweethearts theme was 80's, which is always fun. Julianne's overalls and fish net, and Jaden's band t-shirt...perfect. These two have been friends since junior high and had always thought it'd be fun to go to a dance together. Sweethearts was the perfect opportunity, and what fun they had!





No comments: