Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Cleaning the deck

This is my porch swing.  Sad looking, isn't it?  Between sun and snow, dog claws and little toddler fingers the cushion and its innards were pretty hashed.

The whole deck and all of the cushions that live on it really needed a good wash down.

And if that weren't enough, the colored/stamped concrete patio also was in need of a scrub and a new sealing.

Looks a lot better, yes?  Stinky smelling sealant in a pump sprayer that gave my hand cramps from holding down the handle for so long...but I can't believe what a difference it made.  (I don't know if the pictures really do it justice.)



The deck is now all ready for the warm spring weather.  Everything is all sprayed down and cleaned up, we have a new swing cushion and even some pretty little hanging pots.  We've already spent an enormous amount of time out there over the past week and a half or so.   

3 comments:

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

How nice to have a cozy deck and furniture to curl up onto. I think I would spend hours out there. Looks great and inviting.

Melissa@thebblog said...

looks pretty. I need to get Scott to put up my hammock so I can lay there reading while Maddy jumps on the tramp.