Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrrr.....

Rebekah: "Mom, are you going to drive me to the bus stop?"
Me: "Yeah. It's only 3 degrees outside."
Rebekah: "It's 3 degrees??! Good thing I'm wearing this warm sweatshirt!"
Me: (Looking at her incredulously....because she's wearing the sweatshirt AS A COAT and has a short sleeved shirt on underneath.) "Rebekah, if there's ever a day for a big, puffy coat today would be it."
Rebekah: "Nah...this sweatshirt is warmer than my coat."
Me: "Uh-huh....yeah, right."

Maybe a reminder of the "Ugly American" lecture is in order...

It's ridiculously cold outside. I was shocked at how bitter that wind felt. According to the news the 60 mph gusts we had here in our town yesterday took the record for craziest wind in the state. Which made our temps feel like -16. Not to worry, this doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for winter. It just means warmer clothes and lots of hot chocolate! All the same, I am looking forward to the mid-60's that are forecast for Las Vegas this weekend....

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That could have been the same conversation of me and my older girls. Crazy kids. I especially love the one's who show up with no coat/sweat shirt and short's. Where are those kids partents!

Mary said...

I hear ya! It was -16 here last night. Then throw in the wind chill which makes for a VERY cold morning. Good thing our bus stop in right across the street!

Melissa@thebblog said...

boy was it cold. I'm sure we've had it worse and other people have certainly had it a lot worse, but I sure don't like that wind. I can handle cold if the wind doesn't blow. Rebekah is in denial, she wants spring like me. Tell her that unfortunately, dressing like it's spring doesn't make it come any faster - it only makes you cold.