Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Break Activities

Our day yesterday consisted mostly of two activities. The Children's Museum at the Gateway which was crowded, chaotic and noisy I have added to my list, along with the zoo, of places you should NOT visit during Spring Break. Lilian got absolutely DRENCHED playing in the water display. We had to stop at Old Navy on our way to the parking lot so we could buy her a new, DRY outfit to wear home. The employees probably thought we were torturing the poor child seeing as she started screaming while we were changing her. Maybe she was struck with a sense of being immodest as she stood there in only her diaper. Maybe she was just cold. Probably it was that she was dead tired.


Then later in the evening we colored Easter eggs. Lilian's favorite part of the activity was taking her hard boiled egg and chucking it onto the floor. Needless to say, all her eggs are cracked. Yeah, obviously she's not old enough for this activity yet. The older kids were a little more careful and a lot more creative. Julianne took the longest because she seemed to have the most patience in waiting for just the right shade of color, and the most ideas for interesting eggs. At one point she was telling Rebekah of an idea she had. Rebekah scoffed. Said it wouldn't work. To which Julianne replied, "Don't limit me, Rebekah!" I loved that! I loved that she was so sure of herself and her ideas. I loved how she phrased it.

5 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Too bad about the crowds!

Mindy said...

We are doing our eggs tonight, i'm so excited i've got some new ideas that I hope will work. should be fun.

Melissa@thebblog said...

I was sad all day about missing the museum with you guys but in the end, was glad I didn't come along. Also, glad now that I hear about the crowds. I'm sure it was just teaming with viruses and germs my kiddo could pick up!

Croft Family said...

So did her idea work out? Sounds like a lot of fun. My poor kids have been stuck at home.

Katie said...

I can't believe how grown up your girls are. You have done well with them!