Monday, April 13, 2009

Some Pictures From Hosanna

Hosanna was a joy and a privilege to perform this past weekend. I can't think of a better way to bring in Easter. Here are a few pictures.


This is the Millennium Choir. I am the second from the left on the top row.


Lex de Azevedo doing a bit of practice before our dress rehearsal. He thanked us for making his "scratches on horizontal lines" come to life.


The Antiphonal Choir up in the balcony. Wow, they really added a lot! They were the best antiphonal choir we've had in a long time.


Jenny Oaks Baker on her violin is amazing! I talked to her father (Elder Dallin H. Oaks) after the concert and we discussed how not only his Jenny a joy to listen to but amazing to watch as well. That somehow she plays differently than just playing the notes well. We decided that it was the difference between playing a song and making music. Jenny makes music, she really does. It was a really neat conversation because I felt kind of like I was talking to Elder Oaks not as an apostle but as a father.


George Dyer. Ahh. What can I say? He makes me weep when he sings the words of Christ.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow. I wouldn't know what to say to Elder Oaks. I would probably stumble over my words and sound like an idiot. So neat that you were able to have a conversation with him.

Katie said...

Sarah, where did you get those pictures? Are they the ones Dan took? Where can I get them?