Friday, April 24, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday: Kauai helicopter ride


January 2007. A helicopter ride over Hawaii has always been on Bryan's "to do" list. So when we stopped in Kauai on our Hawaiian cruise he made sure to book us on a flight. Wow! It was an amazing feeling flying in a helicopter. And the scenery of Kauai has got to be some of the most beautiful in the world! But I was 4 months pregnant. And even though I had taken motion sickness medication in preparation for the trip, I started feeling queasy. Queasy enough that I had to take advantage of the barf bag next to my seat. The pilot was worried enough about me that he decided to take a different route home that wasn't through the bumpy storm clouds. Which meant that we all got a longer ride than we had initially paid for. I think the other passengers were very appreciative of me and my unborn baby for making that possible! And this picture? It's a fun picture. But what I always remember when I see this picture is that barf bag I'm hiding behind Bryan's back.....

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I remember you telling me that story. Too funny

Mary said...

I think that it's funny that you were hiding your barf bag behind Bryan. I probably would have used the barf bags too. I tend to get sick in cars if I'm not careful...a helicopter probably would put me over the edge!

Melissa@thebblog said...

that's a funny story. You will always giggle a little when looking at it. You look great post-puke, you'd never know by looking at the photo