Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Brandon is twelve

Brandon turned 12 this past week. It's kind of freaking me out a little bit. But what else is new? This being my 3rd child to turn the magical age of 12, I have history to look back on... and therefore was not only NOT surprised...but completely expecting to weird out at least a little bit, just as in years past. There's just something about that age....

His birthday kind of stretched out over a few days. It was a week from the land of crazy at our house so we weren't really able to get it all done in one day. But hey, who's going to complain about a celebration that keeps going and going? So with breakfast in bed, birthday donuts for all the gymnastics teammates and a late night gift fest on the actual day, a birthday dinner at Taste of India the next day, and then a sleepover with some gymnastics friends on Friday...we got the boy officially celebrated.
 Yes. The kid did indeed ask for a microscope for his birthday....

Brandon was promised this rifle when he turned 12-years old. Bryan put a fancy new scope on it for him.

But the cool thing about turning 12-years old....receiving the Aaronic Priesthood and being ordained to a Deacon at church on Easter Sunday. This was new for me. Coming from a family of all girls and then having two daughters before Brandon came around obviously did not prepare me for what a neat experience this would be. My parents came to participate....this was not only the first time Bryan had the opportunity to pass down the Priesthood through the family line, but also the first time for my Dad as well, seeing as he didn't have any sons. I think it meant a lot to all three of them.

It being Easter Sunday, a photo shoot commenced....
Lilian was grumpy. Bummer.


3 comments:

Julie DeMille said...

I think those 'grumpy' pictures are priceless! Shows real life.

Julie DeMille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Ah ha! I just figured out why your shirt looked so familiar. Abby has a dress in the same fabric. I can finally sleep now...

I love, love, love Rebekah's skirt. Super cute.

Oh, and a happy Easter and a happy birthday Brandon are in order!