Wednesday, March 20, 2013

St. Patty's Day

I get a little excited about St. Patricks Day. Oh who am I kidding...I get a lot excited about holidays in general. St. Patricks Day isn't an overly big holiday but I've got Irish blood in me so I tend to get more excited than most about this particular holiday, minor as it may be. And though we don't get into all the leprechaun mischief...I do have decor spread around the house and we make a big deal out of wearing green and making a big Irish meal. This year we upped the ante and decided to attend the St. Patricks Day parade in Salt Lake City. It's something I've wanted to do for the past few years but it always seems to conflict with Brandon's state gymnastics meet. This year, the difference being Brandon's meet was an evening one. I was surprised at how big the parade was! I expected it to last maybe 45 minutes max so I was slightly taken aback when we got there and saw the hordes of green clad revelers and discovered that there were close to 100 parade entries. And I tell you what, it was fun! If you ever get the chance to go, do it!
This is the only time I could get Lilian to look at me for a picture. She went into stubborn mode right after....as you can see from this picture:
These two beautiful ladies are friends of mine from high school. They dance in the St. Patty's parade every year. It was so much fun to see them!

 

It ended up being a weekend of green celebrations as the 17th was actually on Sunday. A little more subdued than the craziness we saw at the parade, but still a lot of green wandering the halls and sitting in classes at church. Lilian and I were "twinners" with our green and white striped dresses and matching green fingernails.



















Aren't we silly....

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think it's awesome the Bryan goes with you to the parade. I'm sure Ryan would shoot down the idea real quick. And because I hate taking the kids anywhere myself I wouldn't go either. What fun. Love your headband!

Croft Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the last 2 pics of you and Lillian. So cute!!!