Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ripley's Believe it or Not


When traveling with an 11-year old boy, stops at places like Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum or the ISS (International Spy Store) are going to happen. The ISS was a bit of disappointment, I believe. But the museum...well, that was cool. If not slightly creepy at times.

Can I just say...the whole walking across a bridge through a spinning room (and no, it wasn't spinning as fast as the picture makes it look) made me nauseous. Even just looking into the tunnel made me want to fall over. But I was determined. So I grabbed hold of the railing and walked across as quickly as I could...even still, I was walking decidedly lopsided by the time I got to the end. Bryan and Brandon handled it better...Brandon went through it twice.

Another thing that messed with my brain... the mirror maze. I could not get a handle on what was real and what was a reflection. I seriously just had to closely follow Brandon around. (I fully admit that I panicked slightly when the stinker tried to lose me...)
Trying to focus in on Brandon...but can you see Bryan and me in the mirrors behind (but really in front)? I wish I could've got better pics because the maze was amazing. But between the ever constant changing lighting and the fact that Brandon was really not in the mood to hold still for pics...well, you get the idea at least.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very cool museum. I don't think I've ever been to a place that has a maze of mirrors. I think I might get slightly nervous in there. Heck, I get slightly nervous being in a corn maze...afraid that I'll never get out! :-)