Saturday, January 26, 2013

Beach deprived

If you have to travel for gymnastics meets...might as well turn them into mini-vacations, yes? Luckily for us, there was no school on Monday so we were able to stay an extra day and play in and around San Francisco.























I think this boy is a little bit beach-deprived. He was downright giddy when we pulled up to Half Moon Bay...






It was a little chilly. We are talking about San Francisco in January, after all. But the 64 degrees and slight breeze that felt downright cold to the natives, felt almost balmy to us...seeing as Utah has been experiencing the coldest winter in over 20 years....we're talking frozen pipes and negative temps and all of that. I stripped off my socks and shoes and then rolled up my pants, so anxious was I to feel sand under and between my toes. Brandon was even more adventurous and pulled out his swim trunks. We hadn't even brought a towel but that didn't deter him. I guess if you are an 11 year old boy and live in a land-locked state...a little bit of chilly water is worth the dip in the ocean.

Half Moon Bay was the first place we stopped after stepping off the airplane...even before checking into our hotel. And because to Brandon the beach is such a novelty...playing in the waves ended up being the very last thing we did before heading to the airport to fly home a few days later. This time at the base of Golden Gate Park. (Just a thought....Golden Gate Park. The west coast version of New York City's Central Park?)


1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm beach deprived in a big way, I need to go back asap! We should consider taking our kids on a road trip to the beach this summer with the guys are working :)

Love the handstand Brandon, his form amazes me!