Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Best Show On Earth

My Dad emails every Saturday morning. To check in with us all and tell us how his week has been, what plans he has in the works for the day. And my sisters and I, we almost always email back with the same sort of info from our own neck of the woods. This was my email response to him this past Saturday:




"We went to the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus this morning and saw "The Best Show on Earth" in all it's glory. Lots of fun...the kids really enjoyed it, Bryan and I really enjoyed it. The elephants were the best part, in my opinion. Can't beat the elephants.
Right now we are having lunch at PF Changs. Bryan suggested we walk. It was probably two blocks south and three blocks east. The kids acted like we were torturing them by making them walk all that way. Of course, after a full belly, I may feel the same way on the walk back."

It was the first time most of us had ever been to the circus, including me, so we were quite excited. It was gasp-worthy entertainment and utterly fascinating in so many ways. But really, the best part was watching the circus through the kids' eyes. Heightened enjoyment...because certainly, I would've enjoyed the circus myself...but being there together, as a family, well, that made me practically glow with contentment. And I thought to myself (and told Bryan later) we have got to do stuff like this more often.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you liked it. We love the Circus.

Melissa@thebblog said...

I love the circus on my own and yes, it was fun this year to see Maddy excited about things! It certainly becomes a different experience when you take a child with you though!!