Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Spring Break staycation style

Every spring break I always talk big about doing a trip of some sort. And most every year when all is said and done, we end up doing a staycation. Lately it's due to the fact that between USU, UVU and Davis District, all of us have completely different weeks off for spring break! Makes it a bit difficult to plan anything that will involve all of us, as you can imagine. But hey, staycations are pretty fun and we enjoyed our little adventures around town.

Monday we drove up to Crystal Hot Springs...a place I had never been, believe it or not. It's completely bizarre to put on a swimsuit and venture outside in 40 degree weather, only to feel overheated shortly after climbing into those hot springs. Truth be told, Bryan was in his element. He is not a fan of cooler swimming pools, even if it's 100 degrees outside. He's pretty adamant that if he's going to take a dip in a pool, it really should be on the upside of 90 degrees always. (Well, unless he's chasing waves in the ocean. The waves makes the cooler temps worth it.) Brandon however could hardly stand the heat and spent much of his time only submerging the lower half of his body. It was nice that there were many pools, some not quite as hot as others so we could each find one that felt comfortable. I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind heading up there again sometime, even if on my own, just to soak for a few hours. Felt really good.






Another day we checked out the Last Course dessert restaurant that has recently opened nearby. Oh my, I'm conflicted about this new place. My taste buds are thrilled, but my waistline might object.

Lilian and I got fish pedicures at the Seaquest Aquarium one day. I have the most ticklish feet on the planet, but somehow this I can handle...barely. It's the strangest sensation, but oh, how soft our feet were afterwards!


































Lilian and I did some mini-golfing one day, and then also took in a movie, some shopping and lunch at Marie Callendars.


And we bookended our spring break week with a couple of birthday celebrations for Tanner and Oscar at the beginning...


























...and ended with General Conference. Julianne and Jordan even got to attend one of the sessions in the Conference Center downtown.
Overall, it was just the right balance between fun activities and plenty of relaxing time. Just what a spring break should be, yes?





No comments: