Monday, December 15, 2014

Making traumatic Christmas memories...

I sent Lilian in to use the bathroom while I stayed in the kitchen, packing her backpack and putting together her home lunch. The bus was due in about 10 minutes and we were running late. I assumed she'd see Chester, our elf on the shelf, as soon as she walked in the door. I mean, he was pretty obvious sitting there on the sink. Not to mention the message in lipstick written across the mirror. It was designed to catch her attention, after all. But catch her attention it did not. Due to the fact that she was still half asleep, it was not until she was sitting on the toilet that she noticed the elf. And then she was horrified that Chester had more or less caught her with her pants down.

I think I may have traumatized my 7-year old. So much for happy, magical, Christmas memories....

No comments: