Friday, October 20, 2017

Pumpkin adventures

Our resident lovebirds, Rebekah and Tanner, had never spent a Halloween together. Indeed, last year Tanner was newly home from Taiwan and Rebekah was still in London. So this year, while home from USU on Fall Break, we decided a trip to the pumpkin patch was in order.




















Later that evening the pumpkin carving began. Tanner found a music design that he decided to carve into his pumpkin. Rebekah asked her Dad for his drill to make circular designs in her pumpkin. Brandon decided the drill was also the way to go, while Bryan helped Lilian carve a cat design. I had so much fun last year painting my pumpkins that I pulled out the paints again, and in honor of Julianne's mission, painted the shape of the state of New Jersey. (Trust me, the state flag was going to be way beyond my abilities.)








A few days later I pulled out my paints (and markers) again. Over Fall Break we also watched the new Disney movie, "Coco"...all about Mexican culture and Day of the Dead. Though Julianne is serving her mission in New Jersey, she is a Spanish speaking hermana and after spending 6 weeks in the Mexico MTC, is now teaching many hispanic and latino cultures. I decided that maybe it would be fun to try my hand at some Day of the Dead sugar skull pumpkins. I had so much fun that I think I'll make it tradition for future years to come. {Ah, how we miss our Hermana Croft!}

No comments: