Friday, February 12, 2021

Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve

A few months ago Brandon did a family photo shoot for a woman he used to work with at USA Gymworld. As he was editing the pictures later that evening I wondered about the location, I hadn't ever seen it before. Where had they gone...clearly it must be somewhat close by? I was surprised when he told me it was called the Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve and was actually only about 5 miles from our house. 


So in a somewhat spur of the moment afternoon adventure, I decided to go check it out. Truthfully, I was on the hunt for a location for our own family photo shoot coming up, and remembering Brandon's pictures from last fall, decided why not just go see it in person? 

It was actually quite a neat place...so quiet and peaceful. (Well, when the HAFB jets weren't flying overhead.) It felt like I was in the middle of nowhere. I was there in the dead of winter, I can only imagine how lively the place is with all the birds and other shoreland flora and fauna in the summer. (I'm also sure there are a lot more bugs. Maybe there is something to be said for visiting in February?) 

I had such a great time. I'm so thankful that I am content with and enjoy my own company so I can take advantage of these afternoons when Bryan is at work and Lilian is at school. I'll go to concerts, museums, plays, restaurants, explore and even travel on my own and do so happily. Not to say I don't enjoy company, because I thrive in a crowd as well. I feel like I'm the exact middle between introvert and extrovert. Isn't there a word for that too? Ambivert or something like that? It sounds like basically finding balance between two different personality traits. And seeing as balance is something I seek for on the regular in all aspects of my life, maybe it's just fitting. 

No comments: