Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vibram Five Fingers

See these? These funky looking feet belong to Bryan and me. Many of you have probably seen Bryan wear his Vibram Five Finger shoes around. He owns three pair and has been wearing them as much as the weather allows for a couple of years now. He gets questions, comments and compliments wherever he goes. But me...well, I was hesitant. Seriously, don't you think they look like frog feet? A neat concept yes, but fashionable? Not so much.
But after months of gentle nudging from Bryan, I decided to get a pair. No, it doesn't feel strange between my toes. That's always the first question I get asked. And no, I most likely will not be wearing them as my normal day-to-day shoes like Bryan does. But so far I've loved doing my "insane" workouts in them. Also I'm anxious to accept the challenge of those who claim that running in them is far superior to regular running shoes. And I can't tell you how excited Bryan is that we have matching feet!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look really comfortable to me! :) Where do you get them?

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

You can order them straight from their website but they have funky sizing...European sizing, actually. So it helps to be able to try them on. Unfortunately, not a lot of stores carry stock. And the ones that do....they go fast! I got mine at Wasatch Running in Sandy. I stalked their website for a week and a half waiting and watching for their shipment to come in and then I made a trip down to Sandy specifically to get some! :)

Mary said...

So, you're up to 46 pairs of shoes now? He He! Strange lookin' pair of shoes but hey, if they're comfortable...

MamaBug said...

I'd have to try some on to be sold. :D

Melissa@thebblog said...

how do you wear socks with them?? Are they toe socks?

Camilla Millar said...

Hee Hee, those are funny!